Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 431 or So Much Time...

Sometimes I amazed at how much time has past since I've been gone, since the day I left. Yeah, there are things that I missed, my brother turning both fourteen and now fifteen, Christmas (which felt like it never happened), friend's birthdays, winters, all gone.

I'm amazed at how much I've seen and done. I've sailed three times, once across the equator and once around the Cape of Good Hope, I've celebrated Christmas in both Tenerife and Swaziland, watched eye surgeries, meteor showers, held children in my arms who's lives have been changed by the surgeries that Mercy Ships provides. I've stayed up way to late with friends, hung out in African markets and orphanages, spent more hours in the dish room than I care to count.

I've done so much in only fourteen months.
Somehow I feel as though it's a very long time that's passed by very quickly.

Four months left, then I'll be on my way back to the states. That to me is just mind blowing.I'm so happy here, I can't really imagine anything else.
Somehow, I think in the back of my mind, I still expect to go home and it will be November 19, 2009.
Funny that.

1 comment:

  1. It will quite an adjustment coming back home, and yes, things have changed, like Ben and Mary are taller than you now! But we can't wait to give you big hugs and love and have you back in our fellowship...we miss you so much!
    God has great plans for you, Annie, and it's only just begun! Can't wait to see the next chapters unfold..
    Love,
    Mrs. Buckley :)

    ReplyDelete